Helping Kids Hear God's Voice | Richmond, BC RPC Daycare






















In a past article, I wrote about "Helping Your Kids Love Reading the Bible" and surprisingly it has become one of our most read and viewed posts. So in this post I thought I would write about "Helping Kids Hear God's Voice".

Part of helping children to love reading the bible is by helping them realize Jesus is a person and  that HE is alive and that He is always speaking to them.

Kids today are filled with lots of information and facts. They hear it either from tv, movies, parents, friends teachers ... "Jesus is Real", or "Jesus is not real", or "Jesus is fake". So how do you as parents get through all that noise and loud clanging of voices and opinions that bombard your child each day ?
The only way is to have them meet Jesus personally and hear His voice.

The bible makes it very clear about God speaking to us:


1. Jeremiah 29:11-13  New King James Version (NKJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
   
2. Jeremiah 33:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’

3. John 10:27 New King James Version (NKJV)
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me

 4. John 16:13  New King James Version (NKJV)
However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

5. Revelations 3:20 New King James Version (NKJV)
Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me.





3 WAYS TO START HEARING GOD'S VOICE


1.  Start by making Jesus apart of your family decisions and discussions. If you don't model it how will they learn ? 


2. Teach them how to ask JESUS QUESTIONS and then to sit and listen. 

***TO get a FREE PDF  with 20 JESUS QUESTIONS to practice Hearing and Talking to Jesus, Click on CONTACT US and send me a message: 
Please send me PDF JESUS QUESTIONS.
 

Here is an example: 

Jesus, What color Flower or Balloon would you like to give me to day ?  

Jesus What game would you like to play with me today ? 
                    




3. Read your children the book, Can You Hear Me - by Brad Jersak. 

This is an excellent book written just for the young at heart, that teaches them about how to be Jesus's friend and how to talk and listen to Jesus. 

Brad is an amazing Author, Pastor and Theologian with many books in his credit but this series of "Can You Hear Me" has been the one book that has changed many lives, mine included. I whole heartily encourage you to purchase this book and read through it every night with your children and learn together how to Hear and Talk with Jesus. 




Have fun Hearing God's Voice !


Rockie 

 































Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NUT-ALLERGY Help and Ideas | Richmond, BC RPC Daycare

General Information | Richmond, BC Daycare

FAQ'S about RPC DAYCARE | Richmond, BC Daycare